Payables payment timing - ACH or check
Standard payment timing for both ePayments and mailed checks is four business days. After transaction history is established, customers may qualify for payments below $5,000 to be sent on accelerated payment timing. Accelerated ePayment timing is two business days.
Note: Check and ACH services are provided by BILL and have "per transaction" fees. Payments made with checks and ACH are not eligible to earn rewards.
Paying a bill
- Enter details on the bill and schedule a payment (Schedule a payment by 6:00 pm Pacific Time / 9:00 pm Eastern Time, and we'll start working on it the next business day)
- We show an expected arrival date for each payment on the pay screen
- Allow up to 4 business days for the ePayment, and up to 10 business days for check payment to be delivered to the vendor
- Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding bank holidays)
- The Pay screen will always show an Arrives by date for ePayments, and Est. arrival date for checks
- Check arrival dates are always shown as estimates based USPS delivery times, and are out of Bill.com's control.
Weekends and bank holidays
When you schedule a payment via Bill.com, the earliest process date you can select is the next business day. Weekends and holidays don't count in the banking world; you won’t be able to select a process date on a bank holiday or weekend day.
- If you setup autopay for a vendor and the process date falls on a bank holiday or weekend day, the system will automatically push the process date to the next available business day.
- If a weekend or bank holiday falls within the regular processing time for a payment, the "Arrives By" date will reflect the additional days added due to the bank holiday or weekend days since banks don't operate on those days.
The holidays listed below are all recognized as banking holidays by the Federal Reserve System, which means that on these days of the year banks are closed and not operating in their normal capacity. We can't process ePayments (ACH), checks and international payments on bank holidays.
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Juneteenth National Independence Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans’ Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Keep an eye out for notifications of bank holidays while working in your Bill.com account so you can consider weekends and holidays when scheduling payments.
Do payments clear on holidays and weekends?
ePayments don't clear on bank holidays and weekends. If you set up a vendor for autopay and the arrives by date falls on a weekend or holiday, it'll be delivered on the next available business day.
If a weekend or bank holiday falls within the regular processing time for a payment, the "Arrives By" date will reflect the additional days added due to the bank holiday or weekend days since banks don't operate on those days.
If a bank holiday falls on a weekday
If you set up a vendor for auto pay and the scheduled process date falls on Christmas Day which happens to be a Wednesday, the funds will be deducted on Thursday.
If a bank holiday falls on a weekend
If a bank holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, it could affect your payment process date. For example, if a bank holiday falls on a Saturday, it is usually observed on the Friday before.