Send a note to a customer
Bill.com offers the option to send notes to customers you're connected to via the Network, as a general note, or even on a specific invoice or credit memo.
Send a Note
General note for the customer
- Select Customers in the navigation menu
- Select the Customer name
- Select Notes and enter your note
- Select Visible to customer
- Select Save
Note for a specific invoice
- Select Invoices in the navigation menu
- Select the Invoice number you want to make a note on, or select Credit Memos and then select the credit memo you want to make a note on
- In the Notes section, enter your note
- Select Make visible to customer
- Select Save
- Status updates (Sent, Accepted, Approved, Payment Processed, Payment Void) will be visible to connected customers on eInvoices and ePayments
- If you don't select Make visible to customer, notes you add to eInvoices will only be visible to other Bill.com users who work in your account and can view Customers or Invoices
- Tag other users on the Bill.com account in notes for easy communication and collaboration. Just type @, followed by their name.
- If a customer leaves a note, we'll notify users with Manage Invoice permissions via email. Select Reply in the email, and it'll open the invoice in Bill.com, so issues can be resolved quickly and easily.