Create a new invoice template
Bill.com has one default template called "Clean" to use when creating invoices, but you can create a custom template if you need to add or remove fields.
If you need the steps to create a new invoice, please see the article linked at the bottom of this page.
You must have Manage Invoice templates permission to create invoice templates.
If you have a subscription free basic receivables account, you'll need to upgrade to manage invoice templates.
Creating an invoice template
- Select Settings
- Select Invoice Templates under Receivables
- Select New
- Enter Invoice Template details
- Default - select this to be the default template for creating invoices
- Name - name the template so that it's easy to recognize
- Style - select each to see a preview
- General - Choose the fields to show on an invoice using this template
- Items - Choose the fields to show on an invoice using this template
- Summary - Choose the fields to show on an invoice using this template
- Link to Branded Website - Uncheck if you don't want customers to pay through the portal. Note: This will remove your branded website from your invoices.
- Customer Message - a default message that shows on the invoice for customers, even if Link to Branded Website is unchecked.
- Select Save