QuickBooks Desktop sync error: You cannot change the type of a sub account
Why the sync error occurs
This error occurs when a Chart of Account type has been changed and is no longer the same type as the parent account.
How to fix the sync error
The type of a sub account must be the same type as its parent account.
- Select the account and review the type
- Select the parent account and review the type
- The account type and the parent account type must be the same
- If the types aren't the same, take one of these three steps to resolve the error:
- Change the account type to match the parent
- Change the parent account completely
- Remove the parent account